About Us ...
The IVC as a whole is an independent and voluntary network of not-for-profit social and activities clubs, each of which is run by its members for its members. The IVC Clubs are independent organisations that are affiliated to the Association of IVC’s (AIVC).
All the member clubs are treated as self-governing independent organisations with their own Management Committee, Subscription rates, Constitution and Codes of Conduct etc.
We always welcome new member clubs to join the AIVC.
WHO MANAGES THE AIVC?
The AIVC is managed by a small committee of volunteers who are elected from the member clubs at the Association's Annual Conference. The AIVC committee is committed to protecting the independence of the member clubs and will therefore only ever offer non-binding advice in matters of member club governance where this has been requested.
Any new clubs that join the AIVC can always be assured that any queries raised regarding the member club and its governance, will always be referred back to the management committee of the respective club in the first instance.
The voluntary aIVC Committee provides the following facilities to the 40+ member clubs:
- National and Local Web Sites.
- Annual Inter-Club Conference and AGM.
- Regional Inter-Club Gatherings and Workshops.
- Inter-Club Events and Holidays.
- Inter-Club Networking and News.
- Club Statistics, Committee Guides and Member Information.
- Training and Discussions Online.
- Public Liability Insurance for Event Organisers.
- Information and Advice to Clubs.
- Advice on Meetup, FaceBook and other Social Media.
At the end of this page is a diary of special National events organised by our member clubs throughout the UK.
If you want to go on any of these super national events ... remember, you must be a paid-up member of one of our clubs in order to join in the fun.