We’re reaching out with two important updates which provide a better and more secure experience for all Meetup members. Here’s what you need to know:
Changes to our API access
• API Keys will be replaced by OAuth: We will be removing API keys on August 15, 2019 and requiring you to authenticate with OAuth.
• Move to OAuth soon for continued free API access: Until August 15, members will be able to apply for OAuth access free of charge. After August 15, anyone who wants to apply for API access through OAuth will need to have a Meetup Pro account in order to do so.
• We’re removing API version 2: Before August 15, you will need to switch to API version 3. API version 2 will no longer be available. You can find more information on our API updates and answers to common questions on our Help Center.
Updated Terms of Service
We have also recently updated our Terms of Service. These updates will go into effect on July 15, 2019. You don’t need to take any action on this. By continuing to use Meetup you agree to our updated Terms of Service. We encourage you to read the new terms in their entirety. Here’s a brief overview of the changes:
• We’ve updated the terms to reflect new features on the Meetup platform.
• We’ve provided more information about the content you can post on Meetup.
• Since we’re a global platform, we’ve clarified important details on the rights and obligations of members who reside outside of the United States.
• Our terms also include helpful guidance on maintaining safety and security on Meetup.
We’re here to help: please visit the Help Center to contact us if you have questions. Thank you for helping make Meetup the best way to bring people together in real life.