The Forum Discussion system is provided for those attending the AIVC Future Gatherings in Bristol, London and York to continue discussing ideas between and after the meetings. These forums will hopefully give attendees a chance to engage with each other in considering the points raised during the gatherings.
The Forum Discussion system is part of the AIVC Future web site at the web address below:
To use the discussion system you will first need to "Sign Up" to the AIVC Future web site and become a "Keep Informed" subscriber. This will allow you to login to the site to post your comments and replies.
HOW TO SIGN UP ...
- Click the "Sign Up" link which can be found at the top right of the page.
- Enter your first name and surname in the boxes provided
- Enter the email address you wish use to receive email updates of comments added to those forums and threads to which you may choose to subscribe.
- Select your gender
Your email address (or forum username which is described below) is used with a password to allow you to login to the AIVC Future web site and contribute your opinions to the Forum Discussion system.
OBTAINING A PASSWORD
- Click on the "Forgotten Password" left hand menu option of the Forum Discussions section of this web site.
- Enter the email address that you entered when you signed up to the web site
- Click the "Request New Password" button.
A generated password with random letters and numbers will be sent to you by email at the email address you entered during the sign up process. Login names, email addresses and passwords on this web site are not case sensivitive.
CHANGING THE PASSWORD AND ADDING A FORUM USERNAME
Log into the AIVC Future web site using the email address you entered in the sign up process and the password sent to you by email from the above instructions.
- Click on the "My Security Settings" left hand menu option in the Forum Discussions section of this web site.
- Enter the Username you wish to display against your comments in the Forum System.
- Enter a new Password and Confirm Password if you want to change it from the generated one sent to you.
- Click the Save Changes button
VIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE DETAILS
- Click on the "My Profile" left hand menu option in the Forum Discussions section of this web site.
- Here you can view and edit the details recorded about you in the profile (except your name and permissions)
VIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL FORUM SETTINGS
- Click on the "My Forum Settings" left hand menu option in the Forum Discussions section of this web site.
- Here you can view and edit the settings that apply to your view of the forums and messages
THE DISCUSSION FORUMS
You can now contribute to the debate about the future of the IVC and the Association.
The forums are organised into a number of topics which are further organised into discussion subject threads. You can subscribe to a whole forum topic (including all its subject threads) or just to individual subject threads. When you subscribe to a topic or subject thread, copies of any new comments added are sent to you by email.
Below is a list of the topics and subject threads to which discussion comments can be added. If you would like any other topics and/or subjects added to the forums, please send the details to the AIVC Development Officer, Bob Clifford at email@example.com.
Topic: AIVC Committee
- 1 Role of AIVC Chairman
- 2 Role of AIVC Secretary
- 3 Role of AIVC Treasurer
- 4 Role of AIVC News Officer
- 5 Role of AIVC Events Co-ordinator
- 6 Role of AIVC Publicity Officer
- 7 Role of AIVC Development Officer
- 8 Role of AIVC Conference Organiser
The above subject threads include comments containing the AIVC Committee job descriptions related to each of the roles taken from the electronic version of the 1997 AIVC Handbook. They also state what the officer normally requires from clubs to support the tasks involved in the role.
Topic: AIVC Conference
- Conference Venues
- Conference Organisation
- Conference Subsidies
The above threads deal with aspects of how the AIVC National Conference is organised and what changes can be made to make the conference more cost effective in helping clubs.
Topic: AIVC Structure
- AIVC News Acquisition and Distribution
- AIVC Inter-Club Events and Holidays
- AIVC Publicity and Development
The above threads deal with the main functions of the AIVC and how these contribute to making membership of IVC more attractive to prospective members.
Topic: Competition and Meetup.com
- The competition on Meetup.com
- Creating and managing a club Meetup group
- Recruiting Meetup.com groups into the AIVC network
The above threads provide the opportunity to discuss how to make Meetup.com work for AIVC as a source of new members and clubs in the network to replace some of those lost in recent years.
Topic: London Regional Gathering 2014 Social Events
- Rembrandt Exhibition at The National Gallery
- City of London Modern Architecture Guided Walk
- Budget Meal Option
- Indulgence Meal Option
The above threads provide an option for attendees to say which of the social events they are booking themselves into. The can also be used to make any arrangements for meeting up with others during the day.